Ottawa, ON, February 15, 2019 – Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales in January 2019 were up from the previous month but remained below levels recorded one year ago.
- National home sales rose 3.6% between December 2018 and January 2019.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was down by 4% from one year ago.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 1% month-over-month in January.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 0.8% year-over-year (y-o-y) in January.
- The national average sale price fell by 5.5% y-o-y in January.